Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Man in Black

"You can't wear black. It looks like you're going to a funeral. Maybe I am..."

This is one of me and my mom's favorite movies. So I was very excited when I found out we were going to watch it. The beginning of the movie is devastating, and makes johnny and his families life much more difficult than it already was. He took after his mom at an early age with a love for church hymnals, and he always hoped to accompany June Carter on stage at the Ryman. I know Johnny's heart was in the right place when he married Vivian because he thought he was in love with her. The truth is there was no way for their marriage to work after he broke into the music industry. He was on the go non-stop, getting into narcotics, and straying from the good values he learned as a child. It is kind of unbelievalbe that so many stars end up going down the wrong road. When are they going to wake up and see all the people before them that were killed by this stuff. Luckily forJohnny he still had June when everyone else had given up on him. I think that is why this movie is one of my favorites because it has a happy ending. She helped him find his way back to reality and it was so exciting when June finally said yes to marrying him. This story is different in that they might have went off the right path for a while, but in the end they found their way back and lived a very happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment