Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Live fast, die young, and have a good-looking corpse"

Nirvana, Nirvana, Nirvana...such strong lyrics and a lead singer with a big heart. I have always been a fan of the band, but I have always thought Kurt Cobain was just a big junkie. Well I suppose he did end up with that title. After reading about his medical issues I still don't agree with using heroin, but I can see how pain can cause people to do drastic things. I hated reading about the band's rough past. It's always so depressing to hear about children going through rough times, and makes me appreciate my family even more than I already do. It mainly focuses on Cobain's past and how he got into the alternative scene. It is sad to think he grew up having no friends, but thats what shaped him into who he was. He had a big heart for the people the world descriminated against. He also felt for woman all over the world who were being disrespected and not being treated fairly. I really enojoyed this article it is just so sad that it couldn't have lasted longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment